Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Thai word for "ants"

I have gotten used to co-habitating with creatures of various sizes, noises and degrees of reptilian-ness (it's a word), but some things still surprise me.

The other night, I came home after dinner to find the front room of my hut being invaded by ANTS. They were a solid black mass on the wall- about 6-8 inches wide and 5-6 feet tall. The shape was so smooth and singular that I didn't see them at first, but when the column moved, I was aghast.  This video was taken after they started dispersing, but you would still agree that this is a LOT of ants:



I was worried my devout Buddhist landlord wouldn't want to kill them (especially after he started explaining to me that it would be okay because "moht" don't bite), but his wife came back with some exterminating bugspray and the business was done in a few short minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment